Stephen Ministry recognizes the brokeness in all of us...
and helps to bring Christ's healing to us through each other.
A Stephen Minister is...
- a caring Christian - desiring to offer support to others in time of need
- a sharing Christian - bringing who he/she is to each helping relationship, as a partner in another's life experiences
- a trained Christian - having developed helping skills through intensive coursework
- a dedicated Christian - one committed to confidential, in-depth caring
A Stephen Minister is not...
- a professional pastor, therapist, counselor, or psychologist
- a social worker providing lots of physical services
- an expert in law, finance, church doctrine, etc.
- a brief, superficial visitor 'touching base' with people now and then
Can a Stephen Minister help you? Do you need help?
- Have you recently suffered a loss?
- Are you new in the community and feeling uprooted?
- Do you doubt God's presence and love for you?
- Do your job worries seem too great to handle? Are they getting you down?
- Are you, or someone you love, facing hospitalization or surgery?
- Are you feeling depressed? Do you often wish you had someone to share your thoughts with?
- Are you confused about events in you life?
- Are you hurting?
If you are in need of a Stephen Minister, or know someone who is please call 858-509-2580 x 1221.
Would you like to be trained as a Stephen Minister?
- Stephen Ministry is a distinctively Christian caring ministry that provides one-on-one support to individuals experiencing all kinds of life's challenges and needs.
- If you have any of the spiritual gifts of mercy, encouragement, and wisdom and have a heart for ministering to individuals experiencing difficult challenges of life, Stephen Ministry is for you.
- Stephen Ministry Basic Training will continue on Mondays beginning each January. This phase runs for 6 months and is followed by 15 months of active care ministry supported by your own spiritual formation, continuing education (2nd Monday evening of each month), and supervision.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT HAVING A STEPHEN MINISTER or INQUIRY TO BECOME A STEPHEN MINISTER PLEASE CONTACT:
Karen La-Haise, 858-509-2580 x 1221; email@example.com