Baptism & Dedication
Steps for requesting Baptism or Dedication for yourself or your child:
1. Attend a Baptism & Dedication Orientation Class - see upcoming dates below
2. For parents of infants and children, one or both parents must be members of SBPC. Please contact Camille Clemens, firstname.lastname@example.org, about membership.
Baptism & Dedication Orientation
"Look, here is water. Why shouldn't I be baptized?" (Acts 8.37)
Solana Beach Presbyterian Church offers quarterly baptism & dedication orientation for individuals seeking to be baptized or families desiring a child to be dedicated or baptized. These small gatherings serve several purposes:
• To provide an opportunity for relationships for individuals and parents while learning about dedication and baptism.
• To challenge individuals to think through dedication and baptism and the significance of this important marker of life following Jesus.
• To challenge parents to wrestle through their responsibility as the primary spiritual role models and active disciples of their children.
• To articulate for individuals and parents what we offer for encouragement and spiritual growth for adults and children in our church.
Each class will be held on campus from 6:30-8:00pm in the Children's Ministry Center, room 111 (downstairs in the new Children's Ministry Center, East end of central patio). Childcare is provided upon request with prior reservation, although infants are welcome to join their parents in the seminar. Classes are facilitated by Pastor Mike McClenahan.
Upcoming Orientation Classes:
• Wednesday, December 16, 2015 Register Here
• Monday, March 14, 2016 Register Here
• Wednesday, June 15, 2016 Register Here
Baptism & Dedication Sundays:
• January 17, 2016
• April 17, 2016
• July 17, 2016
For more information or to schedule a baptism or dedication, please contact:
Karen La-Haise, Coordinator of Care Ministries, email@example.com or call 858-509-2580 x1221