Solana Beach Presbyterian Church was founded in late 1943, when seven people met for Sunday School in what later became the Solana Beach Motel. In early summer of 1944, the group moved to an elementary school where a piano was available. Church organization took place on March 31, 1946, and a chapel was purchased and moved from Camp Callan (USMC) to a site west of Highway 101. Our present site, five acres in "east Solana Beach," was boldly purchased in 1957. Ground was broken for a Christian Education/Fellowship Building and Chapel (later used as church offices) on June 29, 1958, with formal dedication of the Chapel on January 18, 1959.
Our church continued to grow and on Palm Sunday, April 17, 1974, ground was broken for the current sanctuary. By 1986, this once remote location had become the center of a wide-reaching ministry. The outgrown sanctuary was expanded and Debin Hall was constructed.
In 1995 Solana Beach Presbyterian Church spread down the hill when the professional office buildings were purchased to become our "Ministry Center." These buildings have slowly been remodeled and are now home to our administrative offices (finished in December of 1998) and our awesome "Student Center," completed in May of 2001, with an espresso bar, computer lab, and equipped with state of the art multi-media capabilities.
With God’s grace, we continue to grow and reach out to a needy world in loving and compassionate words and deeds.